Sunday, September 20, 2009

Homemade Batman Cape for Birthday Present!

We just went to my nephews Batman themed birthday.  When I got the invitation I thought.....hey, I could make a batman cape using a t-shirt.  I had remembered my older nephew had one that he wore all the time and he is now 17.  Anyways, it was really simple and he loved it.  Here's the finished product!

Back
Front
Close up of emblem.
My mom is holding it up at the party because the birthday boy was busy playing with other toys he had gotten.  I was hoping for him to model it.

I paid $1.54 for the shirt at Hobby Lobby w/the 40% off coupon, $4.00 for fabric, and $3.00 for no fray.  So, for less than $9.00 I was able to make this adorable batman cape.

Anyone who would like step-by-step instructions just ask in the comments box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I promise to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...