Sunday, January 24, 2010

Candy Cane Heart




Do you have any mini candy canes left over from Christmas?  If you do then I will tell you how to create a heart shaped candy cane sucker. 

You will need mini candy canes.  I bought mine at Target for 49¢.  Then you will need lollipop sticks.  You can buy these at Michael's and use a 40% off coupon you can get out of the Sunday paper.  The cellophane bags are optional to wrap them in.  I'm using them because I already had them.

Preheat oven to 275 degrees then bake candy canes for 7-9 minutes.  Take out of oven then place a lollipop stick in the candy cane.  The candy canes are hot but you can still carefully mold them around the stick.  I'm a perfectionist so, I want it to look perfect.  If you don't care if it's perfect then you can bake at a higher temperature and get more done. 

I usually only do three at a time because they are not that hot and they cool quickly making them harder to shape.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I promise to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...