Friday, February 3, 2012

100th Day of School Shirt

fabric applique 100th day shirt
In Kindergarten it is a big deal for the 100th day of school.  So of course we had to make a shirt to celebrate this glorious occasion.  I would have showed you what I did but it is pretty self explanatory.  I used this tutorial for the roses (which I thought were kind of too big) but Payton insisted that we put them on....she's fancy like that.

I printed the numbers out of my computer using Microsoft Word and then used them as my pattern.  Yours might be different in size depending on the size of your child/shirt.  I used scrap material, cut out my numbers and pinned them on the shirt.  I SHOULD have used steam a seam and it would have been so much EASIER but I didn't have any and didn't want to go to the store.  I bought this shirt at Target just for this project so all it had to last was for one day.  If you want something more permanent then you should definitely use the steam a seam. 

Overall I was happy with the shabby chic look it had and Payton was happy too.  Happy 100th day of school.  I'm so proud of my "big" girl.


1 comment:

  1. i love it...i think the roses are wonderful. i know where she gets that. meme jeannie

    ReplyDelete

I promise to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...