Friday, November 22, 2013

Girl Scout Treasure Box - A Reward System for Girl Scouts!

Girl Scout Reward System

My daughter's Girl Scout leader asked if I could make a treasure box for a reward system they were implementing with the girls.  This is what I came up with.
  • Bought a raw wood treasure box from Michael's craft store.
  • Stained with left over stain I had in the garage
  • Used sharpie oil based markers in light & dark green to paint the Girl Scout emblem on both ends.
  • Put two coats of polyurethane to protect it.
  • Then stand back and admire your work!
The design isn't as solid as it looks in the picture.  It  has a slightly more opaque look because I used the sharpie markers.  If you want something completely solid like this looks I would use paint and a brush but I was in a hurry and didn't have time.  Thanks to Shelly (my sister) and brother-in-law for  helping me with deciding on a design (I'm very indecisive). 

As far as I know when the girls are on their "best" behavior they get to pick some sort of toy/trinket out of the box at the end of the meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I promise to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...