Monday, July 20, 2009

How To Make Homemade Fries



Well, I found myself with a plethora of potatoes and thought......what can I do with all of these potatoes? You know, besides the norm mashed potatoes and baked potatoes. So, I thought homemade french fries.

First, peel and slice your potatoes. Make sure you slice them all about the same size.

Second, soak them in water for about 30 minutes. This is supposed to help release the starches.

Third, dry them thoroughly. Make sure they are completely dry because they will steam in the oven and not crisp up if not dry.

Fourth, preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Fifth, lay them evenly on a cookie sheet and spray with olive oil. I have a misto that allows you to put olive oil in and it creates a spray. I LOVE it. But, if you don't have one of these ingenious gadgets. Then, just use a brush and brush them with olive oil.

Sixth, sprinkle them with salt and pepper or season of your choice.

Seventh, Bake for 45 minutes. Check periodically and turn to ensure even browning.

Last, but not least enjoy your "healthy" french fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I promise to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...