Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Picnic in the Park: Fall Edition

We had so much fun this summer on our picnic.  We decided to have one this fall too.  It was a perfect fall day and we opted to have a picnic on the ground this time.
recipes for picnic
Here's my husband thoroughly enjoying his lunch break.

fall picnic recipes
My daughter loving her daddy.

recipes for fall picnic
And it wouldn't be a picnic without playing on the playground.
I made chicken salad sandwiches, chip & hummus, and carmel apples for dessert.  I thought I would share this recipe for the chicken salad sandwiches that I also made at my neice's bridal shower.  After I tried these it made me never want to eat any other kind of chicken salad.

Chicken Salad Recipe

Ingredients:
4 split (2 whole chicken breasts, bone in, skin on
1 or stalks celery, chopped – about ¾ C
2 green onions, chopped
½ C seedless grapes, halved
¾ C dried cranberries
¾ C salad dressing, such as Miracle Whip brand
2 T coleslaw dressing (Marzetti’s)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Place the chicken breasts, skin side up, on a sheet pan and rub them with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside to cool.
When the chicken is cool, remove and discard the skin and bones and cut the chicken into 3/4-inch dice. Simple mix everything together well.  Chill for at least one hour before serving.  It tastes much better if allowed to chill overnight.
Served on toasted bread, croissants, or lettuce leaves.  This also tastes really good in hollowed tomato cups.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I promise to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...